Special Subscription Package
THE DAVY LAMP - Inventing the Miners’ Safety Lamp
THE DAVY LAMP - Inventing the Miners' Safety Lamp is a limited edition publication to mark the bicentenary of its invention. For the first time this allows anyone access to Davy’s original manuscripts, as collected by Michael Faraday, containing his scientific notes, workings and diagrams, as he developed his prototypes and the final version. It is accompanied by a full transcription and expert commentary from the book’s editor Frank James, Professor of History of Science at the Ri.
This exclusive subscription package includes:
- A beautifully bound hard back book printed by Blissetts (bookbinders to HM the Queen). The book comes with a commemorative slip-case
- 200+ pages of the original manuscripts with a transcription printed opposite
- Expert and explanatory notes and introduction by Professor Frank James
- Professor Frank James will sign each book personally
- A complementary copy of the interactive, eBook Edition
- An electronic copy of Professor Frank James’ Newcomen Society Presidential Address
- An invitation to a special evening to mark the bicentenary hosted by Prof Frank James and Sharon Ruston, at the Royal Institution early in 2017
- A note of thanks and your name listed within the pre-lim of the book.
Publication Date: 1st November 2016
On this date: we will instruct our printers to go to print and you will receive instructions on how to download the complementary eBook and Newcomen Presidential Address. You will also receive further details about the Ri event to which you are invited. We then allow four to six weeks to print, bind and package your book(s). This will include adding the names of all those who have subscribed to the pre-lims and ensuring your book(s) are signed by Prof Frank James.
Please note that if we have not been able to reach a threshold order volume, there is a remote possibility that we may have to either extend the offer period or refund you in full. Regardless, we will of course inform you.
Shipping Date: by 9th December 2016
On this date we will dispatch your book(s) to you.
Please note the Publication Date (1st November 2016) marks the end of the exclusive offer period. It is the date when we expect the required total order threshold to have been met and the date when we will instruct the printers to go to print. You are entitled to a 'no quibble' full refund at anytime and for any reason until the Publication Date. If for any reason the Publication Date or Shipping Date changes (it may be a little earlier) we will advise you of the change. Your right to a refund will not be affected by any such change.